JAVA SCRIPT

FIRST TIME I MET MY CHAMP


I met my son  5 days after he was born.  You read it right!!!

Unlike all moms i dint get to meet my son, immediately after 
he was born. If you have read my post about Day of son's
birth, you would know how complicated and life threatning 
delivery was. 

THE DAY MY SON WAS BORN - MY REBIRTH

Holding my son 1st time 5days after he was born.

Tharun in NICU



I was discharged after 5 days  stay in ICU. I was asked to 
leave home without Baby, as he was supposed to stay in 
NICU. Though baby was breathing on own without support, 
Doctors wanted to keep baby in observation as he was 
preterm born at 32 weeks, while full term is38-40 weeks. 

I went to see my baby for first time, 5 days after he was born.
He was in NICU, the buidling was adjacent to the building i 
delivered baby.  There he was lying down in an incubator.

It broke my heart to see him so fragile, with multiple plugs on 
his chest and nose.. I ended up crying. Ramesh consoled me,
as we might be asked to go out, as its quiet place for nicu
babies..

We kept watching him, finally i touched his hands through the 
small opening in the incubator, i felt so happy to feel the tiny 
hands for first time..

We saw nurse observing us, i got scared and pulled my 
hands away from incubator, and said.. "Sorry wont touch 
him again, please let us watch him for 5 more mins"...

Nurse said , its alright.. And asked, if i want to hold the baby...

"Really, can i hold the baby", i was pleasantly surprised... 

Plugs have to be still connected, as long as you sit right next 
to incubator, i can let you hold him for 5mins, said the nurse...

The moment i held my son for first time, all the trouble we 
wentthrough in pregnancy and my life threatning delivery 
was worth it....

I was excited , and scared at same time to hold him, as he 
was very tiny... It was happiest moments of my life....

When we were leaving, we were given instructions to visit 
NICU daily to feed the baby... We were allowed thrice a day
to visit baby to feed him. We were asked to be available 
9-6pm..WE stayed 45mins away from hospital.

So going to and forth wasnt going to work. So next two 
weeks our  routine  was to visit hospital daily and stay 
there  9am-6pm.. 

My parents werent happy me visiting hospital daily.. As i was
just recovering myself from life threatning delivery and i still 
had  high BP and my entire body was still swollen also  there
was no place for us wait.. We just had to wait in lobby and 
reception, and we were only allowed 10mins three times a
day.  I had a option to pump milk and send it with Ramesh.  

But seeing and holding my little baby 30mins a day made 
all this trouble worth while.  Next 18 days, Ramesh and me 
spent  9hours a day in hospital lobby,  waiting for chance to
see and hold our son....

After 18days, doctor said it was time to discharge baby. We 
were asked to take a room in hospital for 48hrs and stay
with baby in hospital, to make sure baby is ready for  
transition from NICU incubator to staying with mom
in a room.... Finally Aug 12th we got our little one home..








If you found this post useful, I would really love it, if you can Like the Page, or share it with your Facebook/Google+/Twitter Friends... It will keep me motivated. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment